The World Trade Center Los Angeles is dedicated to attracting foreign direct investment to the Los Angeles region and facilitating opportunities between Los Angeles and international companies.
About the WTCLA
The WTCLA provides two major types of business assistance services:
- Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) Attraction Services - Assist international companies seeking to locate or expand their business operations in the Los Angeles region.
- Export Facilitation Services - Assist local companies seeking to export products or services to international markets.
Foreign Direct Investment Attraction Program
Los Angeles County is one of the largest and most important economies in the world. There are over 4,000 foreign-owned establishments that have successfully invested billions of dollars in the Los Angeles region. The economic success of Los Angeles is intricately tied to foreign trade and investments.
To ensure that foreign companies are successful, WTCLA will provide essential matchmaking and consulting services to connect the right business partners and service providers to international companies looking to grow their businesses in the Los Angeles region.
The redevelopment of WTCLA's programs over the last two years has helped attract more than $10M in foreign investment and generated more than 50 jobs.
The FDI Attraction Service Program is divided into three main pillars of services:
- Attraction – Attract key international companies to locate or expand operations in the Los Angeles region through target trade missions and marketing efforts.
- Education – Assist international companies in learning how to successfully locate and operate in Los Angeles. WTCLA will also support local companies in learning how to export goods and services to the global market.
- Connection – Facilitate key connections between business leaders, service providers, and governmental partners for international and local companies. WTCLA will focus on connecting international companies with local partners to help address legal, accounting, real estate, financial, immigration, consulting and other business needs.
Export Facilitation Program
Los Angeles is the nation’s top trading hub and the premier trade gateway to and from the United States. In 2015, the Los Angeles Customs District was ranked number 1 with over $393 billion in two-way trade. Companies in Los Angeles are primed to take advantage of the well-established trade infrastructure in Los Angeles.
With more than 80% of the world’s purchasing power and 95% of the world’s population located outside of the U.S., enormous opportunities exist for companies to increase their exports and revenue. Many of LA County’s businesses are selling goods and services outside the region but require help to expand sales internationally. WTCLA will work closely with the numerous export-related programs in the region to help local companies successfully export their products and services to the global market.
Through the Export Facilitation Program, WTCLA will:
- Recruit companies in specific industries primed for export
- Form partnerships with existing export service programs in the region to help local companies better access these resources
- Leverage international partners to help LA companies secure business opportunities in foreign markets
- Conduct trade missions to provide access to international markets
For more information on WTCLA, please contact Michael Smith, International Trade Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit their website at www.wtcla.org.